75X Emulator Interface for Windows
For the development of microcontroller applications using the NEC 75X
4-bit single-chip microcomputer series, the professional incircuit
emulator IE-75000-R is available which provides realtime execution with
or without breakpoints, CPU trace execution, single step operation, and
full access to all registers and memory locations. A great variety of
breakpoint conditions and trace modes leads to high-efficient software
Operating commands and program data are transferred via a serial
interface line which allows the connection of a standard ASCII terminal
for direkt communication between the user and the emulator interface.
However, for this mode of operation it would be necessary to learn many
emulator commands, parameters, and messages.
To solve this problem, the DGWIN-IE75 software package was
created. This development tool provides a powerful graphic user
interface which replaces the command line interface of the emulator by a
"look and feel" environment. All user actions are converted into the
corresponding emulator commands automatically, and multiple windows,
various display modes and additional buffering of the received memory
data and other user-relevant information facilitate the usage of the
emulator by orders of magnitude. The DGWIN-IE75X runs under MS-Windows
and offers all the specific advantages known from software based upon
this operating system.
The main features of this development system (IE-75000-R + DGWIN-IE75) are:
- Individual windows to display the contents of the RAM, the EEPROM
(if available), the ROM, the CPU registers and the special function
- Various display modes for ROM contents (hex dump, disassembler
listing) and RAM/EEPROM contents (hex dump with nibble or byte
- Predefined labels for the display of the special function registers.
- An existing symbol table file is evaluated by the disassembler to
facilitate the readability of the program listing.
- Editing of the symbol file is supported.
- Editing of the program file is supported by an integrated line
- Program and symbol files may be loaded and saved independently from
- Various modes of single step debugging and versatile breakpoint
- Online editing of all registers and memory locations.
- For fast memory browsing, data downloaded from the emulator once is
buffered in the respective windows until an update is necessary.
- A background communication buffer process reduces the dependence of
the operating speed upon the serial interface performance.
- A macro recorder is provided to repeat often used operating
- The context-sensitive online help supports a quick access to the
operating instructions and other user information.
To run the EM75X software on a PC, the following hardware and software
components are required: CPU 386 or higher, at least 4 MB of RAM,
5 MB of hard disk space, a mouse, one additional serial port,
the emulator IE-75000-R (NEC), MS-Windows.
Debugging tools ·
Tel: ++49(05307) 4 90 91 60
Fax: ++49(05307) 4 90 91 61
© 2002 - 2010 by TransferTech GmbH