MN1500 Emulator Interface for Windows
For the development of microcontroller applications using the Panasonic
MN1500 4-bit single-chip microcomputer series, the professional
incircuit emulator PanaX is available which provides realtime execution
with or without breakpoints, CPU trace execution, single step operation,
and full access to registers and memory locations. Several breakpoint
conditions and tracing modes lead to high-efficient software
Operating commands and program data are transferred via a special plug-in card
to the emulator.
For an easy use of the debugger, the PICE(MN1500)/WIN software
package was created. This development tool provides a powerful graphic
user interface which delivers a highly efficient "look and feel"
environment. All operations are controlled at the PC, and multiple
windows, various display modes and direct editing provide a most
comfortable usage of the emulator. The PICE(MN1500)/WIN runs
under MS-Windows and offers all the specific advantages known from
software based upon this operating system.
The main features of this development system (PanaX + PICE(MN1500)/WIN) are:
- Individual windows to display the contents of the RAM, the ROM, the
CPU registers, and the control area.
- User-configurable watch window to display an individual selection of
the most relevant RAM, ROM, or control area locations.
- Various display modes for ROM contents (hex dump, disassembler, or
source code listing) and RAM contents (hex dump with nibble or byte
- The symbol table is evaluated by the disassembler and source code
window to facilitate the readability of the program listing.
- Editing of the symbol table is supported in a dedicated symbol window.
- Editing of the application program is supported by an integrated line assembler.
- Various modes of single step debugging and several breakpoint
conditions are available.
- Online editing of registers and memory locations is supported.
- The special parallel interface connection provides fast data transfer
between the PC and the emulator.
- A macro recorder is provided to repeat often used operating
- The online documentation supports a quick access to the operating
instructions and other user information.
To run the PICE(MN1500)/WIN software on a PC, the following hardware and
software components are required: CPU 386 or higher, at least 4 MB of
RAM, 5 MB of hard disk space, a mouse, the PC interface plug in card
and the emulator PanaX (Panasonic), MS-Windows 3.1x oder MS-Windows
Debugging tools ·
Tel: ++49(05307) 4 90 91 60
Fax: ++49(05307) 4 90 91 61
© 2002 - 2010 by TransferTech GmbH